Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New type of challenge for you...

Hello!  Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving?  Goodness!  But, now that I'm a digital scrapper, I'm looking forward to taking lots of pictures of the day, so that I can create some fun layouts for my family's book.  In the craziness of life, this time of year, I'm still determined to do more challenges.  And, a couple of weeks ago, I took part in a Speed Scrap.  Have you done one?  This is the third time I've done one.  It's a true challenge.  The ones I have done are co-hosted by Mel and Tina (Miss Tiina) at Sugarhill Co. For the first hour, directions are handed out, over time, and participants chat as they scrap.  You have another hour after that's finished to complete your layout and post it in the gallery and forum.  They usually have something they give to you just for participating and getting your layout posted by the end time.
This is the one I did, a couple of weeks ago:



I used A+ Designs Until The End Papers and Until The End Elements, with a few papers from If Only.

I look at this and see things I'll likely change, but for as quickly as one works to get the layouts completed, I was happy with it.
The next Speed Scrap, at Sugarhill Co., is scheduled for this coming Saturday, the 20th of November.  I encourage you to check it out and give it a try!  It really is a lot of fun.  And, it's a great challenge for your skills.

Now I need to tell you about a new kit that's at Gotta Pixel, for their Gotta Grab It event for November.  It's called Nothing But Wonderful, and it's gorgeous!  You can get each portion of the kit for $1.
This is what they look like:



Some of the CT layouts, using Nothing But Wonderful

DJ:

Kerry: 

LauraMarie: 

Olivia: 

Scrapglass: 

and, my own: 

Until next time - happy scrapping!


1 comment:

CircleofLifeStudioScraps said...

HI there!
I applied on November 10 to your CT but didn't hear back from you. I emailed from my gmail account. I think your work is outstanding.
Thank you!
Amanda