Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Challenge and a new kit!

Hi!  I hope everyone's been having a good week and a good start to Fall.  Where I live, the weather has been absolutely beautiful, the past couple of days.  Making it a little harder to scrap, as it's perfect outdoor weather.  But, I managed to do a couple of pages, regardless!  How about you?  Did you try any challenges?  I've done so many, the past few weeks, including, finally, the one our own Sarah suggested. 
This is her challenge, originally posted on August 17:
Scrap with a List Challenge

You will need:
3 or more papers
2 frames
1 swirl, ribbon or cluster
1 tag
1 photo
stitching

Directions:
Stack your papers and rotate them around to make a messy pile.
Position one of your frames on top of the other, highlighting a portion of the photo.
Place your photo under the frames.
Tuck your tag under the side of the frame.
Place the stitching along one edge of the photo.
On the opposite side, place your ribbon,swirl or cluster.
Add shadows to your papers and elements.
Journal on your tag.
(by Sarah @ Pink Lime)

Here is my layout from that:
Has anyone else done the challenge?  If so, we'd love to see, so post in the comments.

Also, I wanted to let you know - Mel has a new kit, just in time for Halloween.  It's a collaboration with Danimoy Designs, and it's called Spooktacular. 

I did a couple of layouts from the kit:



You can get the kit from Gotta Pixel
Scrapbook-Bytes
or
SugarHill Co.
And, that leads me to another great announcement.  You can now get many of Mel's wonderful designs at http://www.sugarhillco.com/.  Check it out!

Okay - I think that's about all I have for this time.  I'll be back again in October.  But, keep reading the blog.  Our other CT members will have some great posts, and I'm guessing some really awesome freebies!!
In the meantime - have fun scrapping.  And remember - challenge yourself!
-Sherry


No comments: