Wednesday, October 27, 2010

MIA and a PSA of sorts

I am so sorry I missed posting last week, I was still recovering from a break-in to our home. Luckily we were not at home at the time of the break-in, but a lot was taken and we have been working with the insurance to replace the things that can be replaced.

So now income to my PSA of sorts, if you haven't done a home inventory, now is a great time to start. There are many different options for making your inventory, use your camcorder and walk around your house filming every room, open the drawers and closets. You could also make a spreadsheet or notebook of serial and model numbers. If you have favorite peices of jewelry or an antique handed down piece of furniture, why not photograph it and scrap about it? Then when you hand it down, they not only have the item, but a story to go with it. And heaven forbid, something should happen, you will have documentation of what the item looks like and will have preserved some of he memories associated with that item.

So, that is my challenge to you this week, find precious item, whether it is worth money or not doesn't matter, but precious to you and photograph it and scrap about it. I have one necklace that was not in my jewelry box and was missed, it was my mom's and I am happy to still have that item because it reminds me of family. I'll be back next week with a page on my treasures, I hope to see your work, link up here if you do make a page, I'd love to see it.

No comments: