Wednesday, November 11, 2009

LOTD 11/11 & a deal!

Mornin' everyone :o)  As I sit here at the computer, I'm looking out the window at the leafless trees, the gray morning sky, the frost covering the car, and I can't help but realize that winter is on its way.  Where I live, you never know if it's going to be a white winter or just really stinkin' cold and icy!  As I was browsing Mel's gallery for layouts to choose for LOTD, this beautiful winter scene, created by lauramarie, grabbed my attention -

(Layout created using Mel's new collab kit with Jeanette Bollinger, Rosy Cheeks.)

I think the monochromatic color scheme with a pop of green from the snowflakes is just stunning, the window photo frame is perfect for her wonderful photo, and the elements she chose are spot on.  It's a clean and simple design but she captures a beautiful winter scene perfectly.  Well done, lauramarie!  Be sure to leave her some love for Winter Fun here.

The next page I chose is a layout by CT member raynedrops (Rayne), called Precious -

(Layout created using Plum Silly, by A+Designs)

As a mother of 3, pictures of my babies feet are definitely precious and treasured keepsakes.  We all know how fast children grow and before you know it, their feet are not as little and as precious as they once were.  I love this b&w photo and how it pops off the page, her beautiful cluster, the layered papers, the way the ribbon falls off the page and her simple but accurate title.  Rayne's layout gives me a lump in my throat because my own boys are just sprouting up right before my eyes.  This layout reminds me to stop and truly cherish the time I have with my children while they are still young and I hope it does you too.  Thank you, Rayne!  Be sure to leave her some love here.

REMEMBER:  If you want a shot at having your A+Designs LO featured on the blog, be sure to upload it to Mel's gallery at ESS!  Don't have any A+Designs products?  Then check out her store and pick some up!  Here are a couple of great deals to help you get started -

Rosy Cheeks - a collaboration with Jeanette Bollinger Designs


Look at those colors and all that sparkle!  This kit is perfect for showcasing any type of winter photos you have lying around, waiting to be scrapped.  Right now, you can get Rosy Cheeks for only $3.00 - that's 50% off!

Need to give your mojo a jumpstart?  Then check out Mel's latest addition to the Templistic template series, Templistic: Nature's Way -


These great templates are a sure-fire way to help wake up your creativity, and for only $2.00, they are a steal!  Stop into Mel's shop and pick something wonderful up today!  Happy scrapping everybody!!

No comments: